4.27.2011

Lessons Learned from my Dog

  Have expectations and be attentive....

Mama said there'll be days like this...there'll be days like this...

Chillin in the sun is good...

But an idle mind is the workshop of the devil!!!

Express vulnerability and need...

Grands have so much to offer...starting with a comfy lap

Sharing a meal is good for the soul...

Be a good companion...

Respect boundaries...we all need space

Be innocent and young at heart

Express your cool...in a healthy way...

Sometimes hang back and let others shine...

Just be...

Brandi is a Beagle - Pit Bull Mix that I rescued from DeKalb County Animal Control when she was estimated to be about 6 months.  She was described as a Beagle- Mix.  When I got her home and observed her over the next few weeks, it occured to me that she sure seems muscular and her color and patterns sure seems to hint at Pit Bull.  I wasn't worried, by the time I came to this full realization, she had been in my home for several weeks and not once tried to kill me. 

Interestingly, people either see her as a Beagle or as a Pit Bull.  Oh...what a pretty beagle!  Or they have a look of terror and cross the street...Is that a Pit Bull?!?!??!?!!!   Most men will proclaim that she is 100% Pit.  In fact, one guy wanted to know if I would like to breed Brandi with one of his Pits.  This was at the Applebees when I went in to pick up my order from the bar.   He must have seen me blocking Brandi from jumping out of the car before I went inside.  Bizarre.  I don't even know your name. 

Once, when walking Brandi in front of the shopping plaza near my house, I noticed this truck following me.  I decided not to give any eye contact and walked a little faster.  It sped up a little.  I wasn't too worried as the parking lot was jam packed with people and cars.  Finally, the woman driver rolled down the window.  Excuse me ma'am, my husband and I were having a debate...he says you got yourself a Pit Bull and I told him that's a Beagle!   Uhh...you do know that women don't like trucks creeping alongside of them while walking alone? 

Brandi is approximately 3 years old and is living in the lap of luxury.  Just look at her.

6 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Awww, Brandi, you're a fine girl. . . what a good dog! Great pictures and great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi T - Thanks and you should share this with your four legged creature. ha, ha, haaaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cutie!! And FWIW, I called the Beagle/Pit mix right off the bat. :-)

    Now let's just hope your blog accepts my post this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you call it? Whaaaaaaaaaaa? Blogspot be trippin sometimes. I've noticed that one comment recently got deleted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I was searching the internet for a picture of a Pit Bull / Beagle mix (I own one) and came across the picture of Brandi! Brandi looks exactly like my dog Emmett. I read your post and you mentioned that you rescued her from a Georgia animal Shelter around the same time & same age I adopted my dog Emmett. Emmett was rescued from a shelter in Georgia and brought to a NY animal shelter where we adopted him. I just think its a funny coincidence, maybe they are siblings!? Haha who knows. Here's a picture of my boy Emmett if you want to take a look for yourself; http://s310.photobucket.com/user/IlovemyGolden94/media/pitmix4.jpg.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked out the photo and Emmet and Brandi look just like twins! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete