7.02.2011

Stone Soup Kitchen Review

Stone Soup Kitchen is a nice neighborhood restaurant located in East Atlanta.  We arrived at 9 a.m. which is always a good time to get breakfast on a Saturday.  Usually most good places are full around 10 a.m.  

I had the  farm scramble which had eggs, chicken sausage, roasted potatoes, arugula, cheese and a spicy red sauce on top.  I had it with cheese grits and a wheat biscuit.  The egg scramble was delicious and the spicy red sauce added a nice kick.  The biscuits were homeade and fluffy.   Thumbs down on the cheese grits. 

I kept eating the cheese grits in an effort to understand them and how they were made. Halfway in I gave up.  I asked my breakfast companions to try them. Karen (not me) asked, Where's the cheese?  Her husband Michael didn't like them either. He ordered the plain grits and his had less flavoring and was grainier than mine.  We concluded...nawww...these grits ain't right.  Mama says grits should be creamy.

My breakfast compadres, Karen and Michael.  Ain't they cute? 
 
Anyway, Karen ordered the huevos rancheros with egg whites.  She enjoyed her meal.  Above her meal, to the right is a side of smoked salmon that Michael ordered and enjoyed.


Michael had a scramble that was similar to mine except that instead of chicken sausage and arugula, his had chicken and avocado.  He really enjoyed his meal.  He liked his biscuit although he had not expected to maybe because they seemed a little dense.   

Here's the biscuit close up with blueberry preserves.  Oh yeah!

I would like to give a standing ovation to the blueberry preserves.

The inside of the restaurant was relatively contemporary.  There is an outdoor area in the back which I did not check out.

Obviously, the outside is not contemporary but a good reflection of older Atlanta.  The staff was friendly and we didn't have to wait long for the food.  The coffee was good and hot.  There was street parking available on both sides of the street.  There is additional parking behind the restaurant although I parked on the street.  I would highly recommend this neighborhood restaurant. 


2 comments:

  1. dude, i hear you about no-cheese cheese grits. that just ain't right. i still think flying biscuit has the best cheese grits in town...everything else might be overrated, but those grits? are for real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, haaaa....I hear ya! I don't remember flying biscuit's grits. I probably haven't had them for years. I'm always stuck on ordering the southern scramble or the organic oatmeal pancakes.

    ReplyDelete