6.13.2011

Best Ever Banana Bread



Best Ever Banana Bread
3 large overripe bananas
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil*
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour*
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts*

I mixed all of this together in a food processor in the same order as the ingredients listed above starting with breaking down the bananas in the processor.  *I substituted whole wheat flour for white flour and vegetable oil for butter.  I also added chopped nuts.  Once all of the items are mixed together, pour into a non-stick loaf pan.  Although this type of pan is suppose to be non-stick, I still spray it with a baking spray like Baker's Joy.   Bake for an hour in a preheated 325 degree oven. 



This recipe is from the Faculty Favorites cookbook. Faculty members of the Magothy River Middle School in Arnold, Maryland put this together in 1990 as part of a fundraising effort. My mother was a faculty member there and taught special education. A previous post on Carrot Tea Bread was actually from this same cookbook although I originally thought it might have been from a Betty Crocker cookbook.






No comments:

Post a Comment