1.14.2012

Flying

I love to fly. I love the feeling that I'm going somewhere and doing something different. I also like being really high up in the sky. I can't believe how different the world appears from this perspective. The clouds look thick enough to lie upon and the land like one big geographic puzzle. It's a new way to see the world. I think most people love this part of flying.

Of course, there are some aspects of flying that I find terrifying. Turbulence or rough air reminds me that I'm 30,000 feet in the air – trapped in a metal contraption with wings. I consider that something could go wrong. I might just plummet to the earth. Strangely, I have learned to appreciate this part as well. I’m trying to go somewhere and do something different but fear and anxiety want to hitch a ride. And that’s ok with me because I’m still going. I just acknowledge them and get on board.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
  Photos from Iphone en route to Philadelphia, July 2011.







No comments:

Post a Comment