10.03.2013

Headed in the Right Direction

This is what I did on Monday night instead of writing.  Sometimes I just want a good ole southern meal.  I came home on Monday evening and made fried pork chop, greens (kale) and rice with gravy with onions.  Sometimes, its worth it just to take the time to make a delicious and comforting meal. 


The next night I was able to get in some writing and I am going to do a little tonight.  My sleeping pattern has been a bit precarious for over 10 years.  Sometimes I sleep well and sometimes I don't.  Now, when I wake up in the middle of the night I just work on my manuscript or do a little journaling.  I refuse to take sleep aids so I just trust that my body will adjust itself accordingly.
 
I went to my writing support group last weekend.  I always gather pearls of wisdom from the participants and the leader Gary.  It was my third meeting and I was talking to the group leader and asked him if his name was Ge or Geo and he said...Gary.  I don't know where I got those names from and it is kinda sad that this was my third meeting.  The group is called The Stuck Creative started by GARY.
 
I had been a little frustrated realizing that I may not be able to finish this manuscript by February.  One nugget of wisdom shared by Gary was of course I can go ahead and set a date further out so that I don't drive myself crazy.  Ok...not all that deep.  Believe it or not, I needed someone to tell me that which makes perfect sense.  The second was that maybe I should approach my writing from solving a dilemma each time I sit down instead of measuring my progress from the amount of time spent writing, the number of paragraphs or pages written. 
 
I know that the manuscript will be done when it is done.  As long as I keep chipping away at it I believe that the timing will be perfect and that it will be the right time. 
 
Lately, I've been motivated by this India.Arie song  "Headed in the Right Direction"

(chorus only)
Headed in the right direction
I can see the light of day
I've got love as my connection
There's an angel showing me the way

Headed in the right direction
I can see the light of day
I've got love as my protection
There's no need for me to be afraid

Headed in the right direction
I can see the light of day
I've got faith and intuition telling me that I will be okay

Headed in the right direction
I can see the light of day
Now I've found my pearl of wisdom
There's no need for me to be afraid

Headed in the right direction
There's an angel showing me the way
I have found my inspiration
Headed in the right direction

No comments:

Post a Comment